Some exciting news this week, I have been nominated by my blogging friend and follower, Petite Gourmande Anglaise, for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Sunshine Award. That’s pretty neat. I recommend you check out her site for some good eats, and in particular, I recommend her Banana, Raspberry and Coconut Cake – minus the phone caketastrophe.
- Post the logo above.
- Accept the nomination and link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate blogs and inform them of the nomination.
My Seven Things:
1. I still carry a pencil case to meetings. I’ve been a lawyer for coming up on 9 years and I hate being in a meeting and needing something that I know would be in my pencil case. So I still carry one. OCD – 1, KK – 0.
2. I recently (within the last 5 years) became a parent to two awesome little boys and a 37 year old man. Big changes in my world. Still a lot of growing pains, but well, it’s all worth it.
3. I’m a terrible cook. No, seriously. I couldn’t cook my way out of a paper bag. I like defined parameters – like in baking. I don’t do a “pinch” of anything – is it a quarter teaspoon or not? I can’t just “wing” it, like so many talented cooks do. I leave the cooking to the ECBF (and he’s wonderful).
4. I wear Breathe Right nose strips to bed. Every night. The package claims they are non-habit forming, but I have a Breathe Right monkey on my back. The first night I slept with one on, I got the best sleep of my life. Oh Breathe Right, I can’t quit you. When the ECBF and I started (ahem) living together, and I came out of the bathroom with my nose strip on, my hair up, my face cream, and my mouth guard, he wondered aloud, “how have you been single all this time”.
5. I’ve been a fitness instructor for almost 7 years. The first couple years of law made me chubby and sedentary. I hit 200+ lbs. I got myself to a gym, and I never left. Truth be told, if I didn’t have to be there (because, you know, it’s my job and people are counting on me), I doubt I’d make it to 2/3 of my workouts. Plus, I get paid and I don’t have to buy a gym membership. Awesome.
6. I have a little furry 7-year old human named Carl. We aren’t sure what he is, but he looks like a giant chihuahua. Around the house we joke that he has a tunnel from my basement to Mexico, and he has an illegal network of minions who do his bidding for him, running various supplies back and forth between Canada and Mexico. Carl is a bit of a legend, but I love him.
7. I love Vegas. I could go there every few weeks. Sometimes I do. We’re taking a little break from Vegas right now to focus on the house reno – but honestly, it is the happiest place on Earth and I consider it my second home.
1. Relish – Because she’s awesome. And my fitness bestie.
2. The World’s Top Ten of Anything and Everything – Quintessentially versatile.
3. Imperfectly Balanced – Local, Hilarious, Truth.
4. Cupcakes Always Win – Great Photography, wonderful recipes.
5. Big A Little A – the Macaron recipe. ‘Nuf said.
6. Cosy Bites – There were these chocolate banana muffins this one time…to die for.
7. Go Bake Yourself – Always full of inspiring ideas for my next bake.
Congratulations to all – I hope you feel as lucky as I did! Now I’m off to buy a lottery ticket. Please go check out some of these sites – I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!